It is finally time to tell the tale of the Screw. It is an old tale, but no less true for all that. And perhaps you will find something inspirational in the tale of the Screw. Maybe it will even inspire you to go forth and Screw in places you have never Screwed before.
The Screw was in the cupboard door, see. It was keeping the door open. Screws tend to do that. It is really amazing what good a little Screw can do, if you let it.
But over the years, the Screw became looser and looser. What had once been a good hard Screw had started to fall out. And there was the sound of weeping and wailing all over the earth.
But! Along I came with my Screwdriver. I had got the Screwdriver that morning from Bunnings. It's amazing the things you can get from Bunnings; they are extraordinarily eager to encourage the delightful practice of Screwing at work, and at home. Well, as I say, I wandered along with my Screwdriver, and I picked up the Screw, and I commenced Screwing. Never before or after has there ever been such a Screw as the Screw I had that day in the cupboard. I Screwed determinedly in the cupboard, and I Screwed some more, and then after that, I did a little bit more Screwing until the Screw was all Screwed.
And when I had finished, the Screw was completely Screwed once more.
And over the vast aeons of time - well more months and seconds actually - one generation has handed down to the next generation the tale of the Screw. Not that there has been any generations to tell the tale. But still.
Go forth and Screw!
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2014 (97)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- I sing the thing
- Types of dance
- Budgies make for cheep jokes
- Chique leave
- The man on the bus
- It's amazing what sort of things can move you to p...
- Good news for sink sniffers
- 18th century expletives are the best sort of exple...
- Possible obituary #2
- Long sock short sock black sock white sock this so...
- Scenario that may or may not have happened
- Rejected ideas for blog posts
- All-purpose obituary
- Deliciously evil, or just deliciously delicious?
- A very literary post
- Announcing the discovery of a new poetic form
- Proposed titles for academic essays
- The Screw
- Weekend travel special
- Little read Biblical passages
- Scene from a future dystopia
- ▼ July (25)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)