I was reading the paper today - all right, all right, I was reading the MX today - and they had captioned one of their pictures with 'While not everyone needs glasses to see better, some think they need them to look better'.
Now I don't know about seeing better or looking better. But you definitely need glasses for one thing - and that's thinking better. It's a well-known fact, established by people who actually do wear glasses, that this wearing of glasses helps them to think. Just look at me - well, okay, maybe you can't see me, but that's all right, it's not because you don't have glasses on, it's because I'm on the net. But then, I don't have glasses on either. And is there any evidence of me thinking? Precious little.
Now just look at the Baron (again, don't worry if you can't see her, she's right over there). She has two pairs of glasses. AND she teaches at university. I think that just proves my point - or at least, that's what I would think if I had glasses, but I don't, so I didn't think it, it just seemed pretty obvious that that's what it was.
It also occurred to me as I read the MX that if Apple ever invented a pair of electronic glasses they would be called iGlasses. Now there's an original name.
Yes. Yes, that will have to do for now.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2017 (33)
- ► 2016 (71)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- Rong and write
- How to spell 'hmm' in seventeen syllables
- Eye see
- If they're uncontacted, how about spectacles?
- Dictionary of words that scrabble doesn't accept b...
- Question for the day
- With single minded pedantry, waging a war against ...
- A rather civilised song
- Here I sit! I can do no other! Except possibly sta...
- Smoking loudly on a moving zine fair
- How to fit France and Germany into the borders of ...
- Chap off the old block
- Remark remark remark comma remark remark comma rem...
- The ruthless Darwinian struggle for existence and ...
- An ode to the bureau of meteorology
- Contemperaneous and relevating
- My brilliant gardening career
- Great parlour games of our Tim
- ▼ February (20)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)