kidattypewriter

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Homthunkuluses

Sometimes at work while I'm typing I like to close my eyes for a little bit, just to see what it's like. Sometimes at work, too, while I'm typing and I have my eyes closed, I like to rest my head on something comfy, like the back of a chair, or a desk, or a large concrete brick. Sometimes at work I can't remember what happens sometimes at work next because I wake up four hours later, and find that I have typed a column which I never read from Lasker's Chess Magazine, 1923, with full analysis of a game which I have never played over, and that I have a bag of Swiss cheese tied around my ears.

But let's not go into those details now, because sometimes at work I actually have ideas, very useful and productive ideas, such as the following:

- If I ever had a boy I could call him Noam and I would put him in the back garden all the time and then he would be a garden Noam.

- Tomorrow, I might buy a can of tuna, and put it on top of the piano, and it can be a piano tuna.

And then, at this point, I start to get distracted from my distraction, and think to myself about all the piano accordions around the world, and why don't people invent violin accordions or mandolin accordions, and then start thinking about violins and mandolins with gigantic squeezeboxes attached to them. (It could happen, you know.) So there's no need to go any further into that, is there.

17 comments:

Aras said...

When people come into my office to tell me something I look at them but keep typing. They ask me how I can type without looking. What they should be asking is if I can type without listening.

TimT said...

Sounds like playing the piano and talking at the same time, which is difficult first time, but when you get into the groove of it you can do it any time you want.

Ivan said...

Very interesting. I find that some times I to create these genius ideas that disappear in a flash. Or just simple things or plans I want to happen in life. Those will pop into my head during my classes, like once I imagined that I would eventually have a huge library with ladders and everything, even knowing that I wouldn't actually read any of them, just have it to impress people. Ha interesting what happens when we daydream.

TimT said...

But it happens to everyone doesn't it ;)?

I'm surprised no-one's mentioned the bag of Swiss Cheese yet. There's lots to spare! - does anyone want any?

Anonymous said...

I'd rather the image of slices of Swiss looped over your ears using the holes within. Would your garden Noam spout erudite utterings in conversation with the black tyre swan? My best ideas always happen in the shower - I seriously investigated buying a diver's slate to record them...

TimT said...

Now that's Swissful thinking.

TimT said...

Getting ideas in the shower = wetting for inspiration to strike?

Not very helpful, I know.

Anonymous said...

Tim, that last pun was so VERY bad that I had to read it four times before I got it! And then I smirked. Perhaps I could rig up one of those camp showers next to the computer? But, seriously, might buy some 'bath crayons'....

Anonymous said...

oh and must just add that despite the (non) brevity of idea inducing showerage our water usage came in @ 53 litres/person/day....

TimT said...

I have no idea whether that's a lot or a little. But I'm off to the shower now to tap into some inspiration.

Anonymous said...

You don't recall the target 155 campaign? Melburnians were supposed to aim for less than 155 litres/ person/day... Hope you 'tapped' into some inspiration. Perhpas I should have one now, but I'm too grumpy.

TimT said...

Oh that thing. Right. Shows how environmentally aware I am.

Anyway, this whole inspiration thing is wasted by us poets. We need to see dramatic cutbacks in our inspiration usage within years, or we will run out of supplies - and then where will we be?

Watching daytime TV, I suppose...

Anonymous said...

or spending endless useless hours on Facebook

Alexis, Baron von Harlot said...

53L per person per day is excellent, and entirely compatible with long ponderous showers, so long as you only wash every fourth day. (Which I'm totally down with, btw. Armpits are ecosystems too.)

As the Chief Executive Office (Utility Bills) in the Lalor Commune, I can report that we racked up 69L per human per day last quarter, or 19L per chicken/cat/human per day. Not that the chooks do a lot of showering, so I guess most of the extra water was used cleaning spilt tuna off the piano.

Anonymous said...

I"m surprised Bea didn't clean up the tuna for you :) Perhaps she was too busy lap sitting?

Plenty of armpit ecosystems out North. Not so good when I have to check for axillary lymph nodes. Especially as I am now the consultant to squalor of the greater North. Ugh, and summer beckons - methinks there will be many long showers....

TimT said...

Or laptop sitting.

عمار حمادة said...

Insecticides control Ahsa
We rely on the finest types of pesticides provided that they are safe and effective at the same time, and these pesticides German serum and US serum in addition to serum Corner Najd for domestic services, which tested its effectiveness and quality in the elimination of insects in the least time and completely safe We use:
تخزين عفش بالرياض

شركة تخزين عفش بالرياض

شركة تخزين اثاث بالرياض

تخزين اثاث بالرياض

ارخص شركة تخزين اثاث بالرياض

مستودع تخزين اثاث بالرياض

مستودعات تخزين اثاث بالرياض

تخزين اثاث

تخزين عفش

شركة تخزين اثاث

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive