kidattypewriter

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The reason I am not a mainstream television producer

Here's an interesting video of Paul Henry

in which he demonstrates that, given a year to reflect over matters, and a sympathetic audience, and a good chance beforehand to decide what his answers are going to be, you can still come out looking like a bit of a putz. We're getting him here on Australian breakfast television, but let's be honest, it's not for his scathing analysis of breaking news. We're getting him because he's a guy who once said some little offensive things on New Zealand television and caused a big media shit storm in the process. Channel Ten are obviously hoping to replicate his success, but you can't exactly shout that out in the promos: 'COMING UP! THAT PRESENTER WHO IS JUST A TEENSY BIT RACIST!'

Actually, I rather think we should get him over here too, on the grounds that he clearly has a juvenile sense of humour, and I do too. Also I happen to like big media shit storms - just a little bit.

This is probably the reason I'm not a mainstream television producer. (That, and the fact that I don't really know, or care, about the identity of the daughter of the brother of the father of the aunty of the guy who plays B1 in Bananas in Pyjamas. I can't think of any other reason, none at all.)

6 comments:

Alexis, Baron von Harlot said...

He is revolting. I am revolted.

TimT said...

It's funny how a guy can be so pleased with himself and yet have so little self-awareness at the same time.

Anonymous said...

....and there is a reason I am not a mainstream television viewer. What a truly repugnant smug set of people. I don't think any of them have the merest vestige of self-awareness.

TimT said...

Ah television, I used to watch that. I think of those times with fond nostalgia.

And then I actually see a bit of television and realise why I gave it up.

عمار حمادة said...

The best insecticides
Valid warranty from 3 to 6 months
The latest tools to control insects
READ Pest control company in Medina, spraying pesticides with warranty
ارخص شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض

نقل عفش بالرياض رخيص

ارخص نقل عفش بالرياض

ارخص شركة نقل عفش بالرياض

شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض

نقل اثاث رخيص

نقل عفش بالرياض

شركة نقل عفش بالرياض

شركة نقل عفش رخيصة

نقل عفش بالرياض 200 ريال

El Awal said...

اسعار تسليك المجاري ببريدة
تسليك مجارى المطبخ بالقصيم
شركة تسليك مجارى بعنيزة ممتازة
شركة تسليك مجارى بالرس رخيصة
شفط بيارات بالرياض بأرخص الاسعار
شركة تسليك مجارى بالضغط
سيارة شفط مجاري بالاحساء
شركة تنظيف بالرياض بخصومات كبيرة
شركة تنظيف بالرياض بخصومات كبيرة

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive