All of a sudden around the cafes I've started seeing these boxes and chalkboards and menus with the word 'roquette' on them instead of 'rocket'.
'Roquette'? Macquarie has the spelling 'rocket'. So does Etymology Online.
I mean, you wouldn't put astronauts in a roquette, would you? You don't play tennis with a raquette, and you don't put choquelette in your poquette, you don't go shopping with a doquette, put plugs into a soquette, make a fence with piquettes, grow old get riquettes, and or go up to a door and knoque it. And sure, you can play croquet but most prefer cricket.
Roquette? Really? Fuque itte!
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2015 (64)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- Reflections on the propensities towards vice and v...
- Your complete guide to the Labor leadership spill
- Build a better quokka
- Variations, Iterations, Deviations
- Blog strip tease
- Thought for the day...
- Domestic scenario
- Hooghly dooghly!
- You can't trust anyone these days
- A poem for St Valentine's Day
- Rock poetry in your underpants
- We are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are...
- Moments of great, er... moment
- Black is back
- Highly arugula spelling
- Sitting under chairs is the new black
- Train tunnels, notepads, and apple cores
- The next chapter but one
- Zen soccer hooliganism
- ▼ February (20)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)