Upon recent botanical surveys of the environment in the immediate vicinity of our Lalorian provinces, local monitors could not fail to take note of the proliferation amongst the flora of a certain species of creature. The pertinent points about said creature were as follows: it was 'green', it was a 'bug', and we found it upon the 'vegetables'.
With all the zeal of the famous botanists and biologists of yore (whenever yore was) we immediately took these observations to that eminent entomological record otherwise known as the internet, thinking it was time to find the appellation of this curious specimen that habituated the foliage of our own environs, in the way that we have thus described - ie, being 'green', being a 'bug', and living upon 'vegetables'.
In the fullness of time*, our labours were rewarded with an answer - said 'green' 'bug' that lived upon 'vegetables' was, to all intents and purposes, labelled, denominated, symbolised, given the epithet, and, in a word, known as the GREEN VEGETABLE BUG.
Notwithstanding this disappointment, our monitors carried on their monitoring, and our researchers continued forth with their researches; for it was not only in our back or front yard that such entomological wonders were to be brought to the light. For, it seemed, upon conducting a strict economical stocktaking of the cupboard in the kitchen, otherwise known as the 'pantry', we came to be familiar with a number of small winged creatures, of the genera or species or whatever of 'moth'. Behold, for we had another creature to reward our entomological endeavours! A type of 'moth' that found its domicile in the 'pantry'! What curious nom-de-plume would we find for this 'moth' of the 'pantry', we wondered?
We immediately took ourselves once again to that eminent journal etc etc etc etc etc etc and presently the internet told us that those phantastical beasts that closeted themselves in our closet, those 'moths' of the 'pantry' were called none other than PANTRY MOTHS.
It was then that a heavy despair began to settle over our souls and we wondered whether or not it might be more profitable to spend our times scoffing the remaining Easter chocolate. Which we duly did.
*About five seconds.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2013 (173)
- Facts about Randall Stephens
- Glorious opening
- Medium tedium indeedium
- The seven modes of blogging
- Excerpt from The Canterbury Tails
- Quiet quite
- How we used to be shocked
- A clash of thimbles
- Thunk from a Saturday morning
- New HTML tags to be used on your blog! (Reflecting...
- Yet another tedious plan for world domination
- All in good bad taste
- Instructions for backyard cricket
- An exceedingly pertinent point
- A certain tense moment
- Bleauwgh bleauwgh bleauwgh
- Upon matters entomological, economical, and etymol...
- Hard questions for hard readers! This is what I am...
- Another astounding not-ad
- Don’t hold back, tell me how you really feel , but...
- Inappropriate surprise parties
- Plan for world domination #7-and-a-bit
- The big list...
- Economise, expletivise!
- Me make you aweish at my word power
- You are a cat #somethingorother
- It's time we stopped blaming the pheremones and go...
- Disappointing ad campaigns for suburbs
- ▼ April (29)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)