In Genesis, God didn't begin proceedings by saying 'Let there be light.' Instead, he said 'Let there be hligt.' It was all a mistake owing to a confusion over spelling.
According to proponents of this little known theological theorem, God's first creation, hligt, remains with us even today, bringing sweetness and hligt to our everyday lives. Unfortunately, it is not clear what hligt is or what business God had in creating it, but they are certain that it plays a very important, though confusingly unknown, role in creation at large.
However, this sub-school itself has a sub-sub-school of theological studies, who contend that the English language translators of the Bible themselves merely translated a mispelling from the original Hebrew. They argue that in order to get to the bottom of this mystery, we merely have to work out what the Hebrew word for hligt was, and, notwithstanding the fact that they neither know what hligt is, or how to spell or mispell it in Hebrew, or, really, anything about the mysterious mystical mystery that is hligt, they are quite certain they will get to the bottom of matters one day.
And anyway, they propound, God moves in mysterious ways, and none more mysterious than when he first created and blessed us all with the loving mysterious bounties of hligt. And what a soundly profound propounding that is.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2014 (128)
- ► 2013 (173)
- Cooking tip
- CD Review
- The Thing of the Way of Things
- Glass half awful
- Impartial to Mr X: an essay on a composer I have n...
- Yet more proof of the little-known missing link be...
- Twitching in the kitchen
- Palindrome corner
- If only we could have stopped this happening from ...
- It's all my fault
- No finger in, no finger out
- Theme on the catatonic note
- Troublesome difficulty of the day
- So sew
- The joy of text
- The undiscovered world
- You and your hippopotamus
- They were laughing from one corner of the Biblical...
- A quibbling equivalence
- My spot of sensible advice for the day
- We is the what
- The tousle question
- Slogan for a country town
- Where there's a will
- Yt ys an epystle
- WTFF news: Higgs Boson particle thinks you're a ba...
- Science news: at last, the discovery of happy bunn...
- Theological possibility
- Things made today
- ▼ July (31)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)