Corn Flake is the singular of Corn Flakes. That's what you are left with after you eat all the rest. The unmusically named Vita Brits become, in the singular, a Vita Brit. Porridge and muesli and All Bran don't have a singular separate to their plural. They're like sheep, which either don't have a singular or don't have a plural, but don't seem to be especially exercised about the matter either way. You either have more or less porridge, more or less muesli, and more or less sheep walking all over the place while you're just trying to eat your damn cereal. (And, just by the by, I'm not sure if it is physically possible to ever get down to just one bit of muesli - because then you'd just have a sultana, or an oat. This is probably a law of the universe, like not being able to break the speed of light.)
But what about Weet Bix? This is something that I am really not sure about. Are Weet Bix the plural? And if so, what is the singular? A Weet Bit? A Weet Bick? What is Weet anyway, and how do you make Bix out of it? Anyway, this much is clear: if you add enough milk to Weet Bix, eventually one of the e's will dissolve and it will just become Wet Bix.
Can anyone help me out with that question, though, on whether Weet Bix has a singular? In the meantime, I'm off to pour out half of the contents of a packet of All Bran, and sell the rest of it under an exciting new brand name. It will be called Some Bran.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2014 (121)
- ► 2013 (173)
- Madrigal bladder
- The most important news site in the world bringing...
- Rules for going to bed
- One collection of headlines with articles followin...
- At the miniature golf course
- The AFL moustache finals
- Half the bran I used to be
- Jaws for thought
- A poem about remembering the milk
- A song for Monday
- I didn't even see the strings
- This sonnet is a limerick
- Unacknowledged culinary-musical masterpieces
- Obsessio compendia
- Untimations of ummortality
- Hoary old folk sayings
- Interpretration interpolation
- Family scrabble conversations
- Housekeeping tips from Tim
- Humph! Bumph!
- ▼ August (23)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)