kidattypewriter

Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Neigh, I say!

Those frames for drying clothes indoors are interesting, aren't they? The Baron calls them "the clothes horse". I call them "the vine". "Where's the vine?" I say. "No-one ever calls them the vine", says the Baron, though they totally do because I totally just did. "It doesn't look anything like a vine". "It doesn't look anything like a horse" I reply. "It looks like a clothes horse" she retorts. "Or a clothes vine" is my swift come back. Why can't I call them a vine, after all? It's a perfectly good metaphor. Thank you for your support.

Anyway, that's not what I'm here to talk about today. What I'm here to talk about is this: why do we have a greeting for the morning and night - "good morning", "good night" - and yet no greeting for when we go to the toilet? "Happy wees!" "Magnificient motions to you!" Something should be done about this. I'll write to Mr Abbott this minute.

Thank you for sharing this moment in the mind of a Tim.

2 comments:

Rossini said...

What happened to "piss off" as a salutation

TimT said...

Splendid point!

I am reminded of the old joke about the Aussie, Englishman and Irishman who come to the magic slide that grants them whatever they wish on the way down. The Australian flings himself down, crying 'women!' and lands in a pile of beautiful women. The Englishman shouts, 'gold!' and lands comfortably on a mountain of gold. The Irishman jumps on and is having such a fine time as he flies down the slide, he shouts

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive